I found out this weekend that an old...friend...didn't send me an invite to his wedding, but he sent one to my old roommate (who he didn't know as...well...as he knew me) (I'm getting tired of all this vagueness. And ellipses. And parentheses. I'm dying from VAGUE PUNCTUATION!!!!!).
I'm not sure whether to laugh or sing the refrain of "Someone Like You."
(And, of course, as soon as I type the words, that very song starts playing on iTunes).
Please vote:
Should I:
A)Laugh,
B)Feel morally superior,
C)Listen to "Someone Like You,"
D)Laugh AND eat Ben & Jerrys? At the same time?
Vote carefully. Your word is my command.
p.s. If ten people vote on this, I will post a video of me singing "Someone Like You." Perhaps as my alter ego Mike Golf.
I vote D. You should laugh because that "old friend" is missing out. And eat the ice cream for fun
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna go with E) All of the above. And invite the girls over so we can do all of the above together.
ReplyDeleteObviously he's still hurting how you broke his heart, and can't bear to see you because the sight of you would break his heart all over again on his wedding day no less.
ReplyDeletehahahah i'll do anything to see Mike Golf. I vote for D as well, and I guess you can invite the girls over for moral support. And make them buy you the ice cream. But really that sucks, and if it were me, I'd probably just cry. Homeboy sucks.
ReplyDeleteD, and i'll join you via skype from illinois!
ReplyDeleteMy vote is for whatever will make you post a video of you singing the song ")
ReplyDeleteABABABABABABABA--I find that bitter, maniacal, righteously indignant laughter is the solution to all of life's little rubs and disappointments.
ReplyDeleteAlso, if the old friend is who I think it might be, feel free to bask in my sense of your astounding superiority in every conceivable way over the afore-theorized dillweed, and rejoice.
"Afore-theorized dillweed" is going on a t-shirt.
Delete