The author of this book
teaches my writing fiction class. We're organized into critique groups, so we do lecture and then split into groups. Last night was Brandon's turn to sit in on mine.
It went well. I was most impressed how he was able to say something nice about everybody's work AND also give significant constructive criticism. He was completely impartial, which I appreciated.
In other news, I had dinner with the author of this book:
He's also a class act, ladies and gents.
He and Rick went out to eat after Brandon presented in class on Wednesday, and Rick invited us (friend Tricia and I) along because he has a book idea he thought we'd be interested in hearing about.
It's been a good week in writer land. (Anyone wanting to enter an interesting discussion is directed to Shannon Hale's most recent blog posts about the missing girls of animated films. Very, very interesting).
p.s. My "9" key is not working very well. If that isn't a sign that I use too many parentheses in my writing, then I don't know what is.


I love the title of this post. That is all.
ReplyDeleteI AM SO JEALOUS OF YOUR LIFE. Not that I've even read anything by any of these gentlemen ('cept a few of Rick Walton's picture books--CLASSIC) but just that you are gadding about town with authors of wide spread repute and being like a grown up and a peer of the whole dang world and being so classy and awesome all the time.....teach me your ways, Megan Gadd. TEACH ME.
ReplyDelete